Popular Posts

Wednesday 8 July 2020

Tollot Beaut Bourgogne, 2011

A mature Burgundy from Cambridge Wine Merchants

Tollot Beaut Bourgogne, 2011

I have been looking for a Burgundy to like; after a couple of false starts, I think I may have found it. Maybe it's the effect of time and oaking, but it rather reminds me of a mature Bordeaux from a lighter year. Which is perhaps why I like it.

There is some interesting evolution and it is drinking nicely now, but you could keep this for a while and see it develop further.

It is one of Cambridge Wine's recent parcels of limited stock destined for the restaurant trade and sold at something of a discount to market price; a cost-effective introduction to mature Burgundy.

Tollot Beaut Bourgogne, 2011 (£17, Cambridge Wine Merchants) some bricking and evolved aromatics; red berry fruits, oaky spice, freshness old leather and sous-bois with savouriness and fine tannins

Good.

Drink with darker game or salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment