Nothing, it seems, guarantees the rain like a bank holiday and getting the barbie out - it's late summer now and the heatwave feels like a distant memory.
But wait - apparently we are due an Indian summer that will last for weeks if not months.
So here is a range of barbie wines from Virgin that come in twos - whites, rosés and reds - and should cover all eventualities.
Australia claims three spots with a Chardonnay Semillon, a rosé and a cool-climate Pinot Noir from Mornington Peninsula; northern Italy has two classics, a Pinot Grigio and a Barbera, with a Californian white Zinfandel rosé.
- Brio Pinot Grigio,
- The Anvil Chardonnay Semillion, Australia
- Big Top White Zinfandel Rosé, USA
- 16 Little Black Pigs Rosé, Australia (£8.99)
- Mr Noir Pinot Noir, Australia
- Anello Piemonte DOC Barbera, Italy (£9.99)